Computer Hardware Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: January 8, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Computer Hardware Design
Engineer in the GCS (Ground Control Station) Computers and Networks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform computer system level design of the Ground Control
Stations (GCS) for GA-ASI UAV systems.
- Develop new designs or modifications of existing systems as
required to meet project goals. Assignments are normally outlined
in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results.
- Knowledge and implementation of Cyber Security hardening of a
Windows based computer, and hands-on working knowledge of Win10
Virtual Machine computer-based systems.
- Review Statements of work (SOW) and define Non-Recurring
Engineering (NRE) project tasks and responsibilities.
- Work with other GCS computers and networks team members to
define system design requirements.
- Work with other groups such as Mechanical Engineering and
Program Management personnel to facilitate task completion.
- Oversee sustaining engineering tasks and work closely with
manufacturing on the integration of new and existing GCS assemblies
and sub- assemblies.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair computer and computer network
systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and
- Produce documentation, such as computer system specifications,
system set up procedures and interface control documents.
- May interact with the customer to review or define project
- Develop task requirements from SOW definitions, develop system
specifications and test procedures.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft OS and Linux OS computer
systems and Cyber Security hardening of those computer
- Knowledge serial interface (RS-232, RS-422 and USB),
audio/video and power equipment a plus.
- Organize, schedule and coordinate work phases, determining the
appropriate approach at a given task level at the project
- Understand, communicate and apply new concepts quickly. Must be
able to work independently or on a team and with the ability to
lead a project.
- Computer literate with versatile knowledge of MS Office based
computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and have
excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.We
recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals
with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four
or more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more
years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute
equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering
knowledge, adapt standard techniques, and utilize the required
diagnostics, tools and equipment, while ensuring safety and
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the
application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Chula Vista , Computer Hardware Engineer, Engineering , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!