Hardware Design Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 14, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Design Engineer in
the GCS (Ground Control Station) Project Engineering group
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform system level design of the Ground Control Stations
(GCS) for GA-ASI UAV systems.
- Develop new designs or modifications of existing systems as
required to meet project goals. Assignments are normally outlined
in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results.
- Review Statements of work (SOW) and define Non-Recurring
Engineering (NRE) project tasks and responsibilities.
- Work with other GCS team members to define system design
- Work with other groups such as Software Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering and Program Management personnel to facilitate task
- Oversee sustaining engineering tasks and work closely with
manufacturing on the integration of new and existing GCS assemblies
and sub- assemblies.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair systems in assigned area by
utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Work with CAD Designer and other engineering support
organizations, produce documentation such as engineering drawings
(interconnects, cables), source control drawings, system
specifications, and test procedures.
- Provide documentation and makes technical presentations, such
as PDR, CDR as required.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a
team of experienced professional staff.
- Interact with the customer to review or define project
- Develop task requirements from SOW definitions, develop system
specifications and test procedures.
- Must be familiar with multi-conductor, coaxial and fiber optic
cable harness design concepts.
- Knowledge of Ethernet/IP Networks, serial interface (RS-232,
RS-422 and USB), audio/video and power equipment a plus.
- Organize, schedule and coordinate work phases, determining the
appropriate approach at a given task level at the project
- Understand, communicate and apply new concepts quickly. Must be
able to work independently or on a team and with the ability to
lead a project.
- Computer literate with versatile knowledge of computer
applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and Power
- Must be able to work extended hours as required and have
excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.Must have the
ability to obtain a security clearance.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering
or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors
degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of
- Demonstrates the ability to follow and apply basic engineering
knowledge, adapt standard techniques, and utilize the required
diagnostics, tools and equipment, while ensuring safety and
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the
application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work both independently and on a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Chula Vista , Hardware Design Engineer, Engineering , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!