Senior Contracts Manager, Aftermarket
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 14, 2021
United States of America
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista,
CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an experienced Senior Contracts
Manager, Aftermarket professional with Contract & Warranty
experience and expertise in drafting, negotiating, and interpreting
commercial service and support agreements. You will negotiate
directly with commercial airlines and aircraft manufacturers from
around the world. You be responsible for getting contracts executed
and reporting to senior leadership. You will ensure Collins
Aerospace is accurately and successfully represented in contract
drafts and customer negotiations based on input from sales, finance
and legal. You will also ensure all business functions (finance,
legal, supply chain, and customer support) are aware of Contract
obligations and duties. In addition, you will ensure all internal
approval process are followed accurately and in an expeditious
manner to minimize impact on time sensitive commercial
Currently working remote, will be able to work onsite in hybrid
capacity when circumstances permit
- Drafting Aftermarket commercial contract documents for:
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Services agreements with
commercial airlines and 3rd party MRO providers. This also
includes: Spare Parts agreements; Lease & Exchange agreements;
Fleet Hour Agreements (long term fixed fee maintenance contracts
with non-standard terms); Non-Disclosure Agreements; Intercompany
Work Authorizations; etc.
- Drafting Product Support Agreements with Airframe and Engine
OEM's for new programs.
- Warranty interpretation and administration.
- Continuously improving and drafting original language for
standard templates, standard work, and internal policies and
- Performing legal research and providing contract language
interpretation to understand and resolve issues and disputes.
- Drafting program letters and whitepapers summarizing key
commercial and contractual positions.
- Collaborating, gathering inputs, and supporting negotiations
with Business Development, Original Programs and Legal
- Maintaining a database and a Sharepoint site of templates and
- Regular interface with senior level Executives, particularly
Legal Counsel and Customer Support Executives.
- Additional responsibilities associated with Collins Aerospace
Aftermarket Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in drafting, redlining/editing, and summarizing
commercial contracts and transactional documents.
- Experience administering contracts for a large company.
- Teamwork and collaboration with other internal stakeholder
groups (such as engineering, customer service, technical services,
finance/accounting, legal, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of general legal contractual clauses and
- Experience in customer facing contract negotiations.
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior level
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task
amidst rapid change.
- Able to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally when
Preferred Experience Requirements
- Experience with Aerospace Industry contracts and
- Experience administering contracts within a large-scale
- Knowledge of IP licensing agreements.
- Knowledge of commercial aftermarket Aerospace Industry products
- Experience leading contract negotiations with large
- Knowledge of International Trade Compliance.
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) with 1-2+ years of prior relevant
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in
technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global
aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in
the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles the
aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle
technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and
supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our
innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's
newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet
platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to
create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter
and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products
division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced,
high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products
for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're
pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a
multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best
results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are
committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Chula Vista , Senior Contracts Manager, Aftermarket, Executive , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!