Program Manager - SkyGuardian Global Support Solution (New Customers)
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to provide
sustainment support in SGSS team. This position reports to a senior
program manager and is responsible for program management elements
to support our SGSS International customer fleet; these efforts
include performance management and customer support in the
sustainment of the MQ-9B SkyGuardian fleet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership in the execution of project, and contract
- Act as liaison between project management and the project team,
planning, engineering, flight-line management, and the customer to
resolve issues relating to program, operational, and resource
- Coordinate the fielding and maintenance of SkyGuardian
- Work closely with GA-ASI functional areas and international
program office to coordinate planning, proposal development, and
- Participate with Configuration Management Engineering to
establish sustainment concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts
for product improvements, DMSMS, and obsolescence solutions.
- Knowledge of Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales
approval process is highly desired.
- Aviation sustainment background and experience with USAF
government acquisition programs, EVMS, and MS Project is
- Ensure overall Business Area compliance with various Business
Management process areas.
- Create project plans and manage resources to ensure project
schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are
- Oversee and monitor project schedules, timelines, and
milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign
and prioritize tasks focused on upgrading existing products and/or
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing
technical support and direction when necessary.
- Interpret and administer policies, processes and procedures
that impact projects.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand
services and potential business opportunities.
- Identify and assess program issues and develop solutions to
meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees
working on assigned project. Effectively communicate program
expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely
- May be required to interpret and administer policies and
procedures that impact the program.
- May participate in, lead segments of or provide overall
management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's, master's or PhD in
engineering, science or a related technical field as well as eleven
or more years of progressively complex program administration
experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May
substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program
management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program
management and leadership skills including organizing, planning,
scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established
deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require
coordination of technologies across program requirements. Strong
communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills
are required to enable an effective interface with other
departments, all levels of management, professional and support
staff, customers, potential customers, and government
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated
basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours
and travel as required.
- Must have the ability to gain and maintain a U.S. Government
security clearance.Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) and Foreign
Military Sales (FMS) contracts, to include Company Specific
Technical Order development, execution and maintenance.
- Demonstrated strong proposal planning, development, and
contract award experience.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with the Air
Force and International Customers.
- Management experience in successful execution of
cross-functional projects involving engineering, production, test
and sustainment within contractual cost, schedule and performance
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Chula Vista , Program Manager - SkyGuardian Global Support Solution (New Customers), Executive , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!