Radiography Clinical Director
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Coordinate the clinical education and instruction of students in
the Radiography program.
- Secure new clinical sites and contractual agreements.
- Review student success rates by class and implement plan to
reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to
stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all
classes taught in the program.
- Monitor competency evaluations and clinical records with
students. Monitor students' radiation exposure. Conduct orientation
for students to each clinical education site.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established
policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to
update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding course
objectives and makes necessary provisions to meet learning
- Visit clinical sites to review and evaluate students' clinical
performance and progress. Coordinate with site instructors to
ensure clinical education is effective.
- Coordinate the clinical and didactic education for the
Radiography program. Coordinate and revise the clinical education
plan. Recommend changes to the Program Director.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to establish a regular site for
students. Coordinate the scheduling of students within the
department. Develop clinical objectives and evaluations.
- May assist the Program Director with student applicants for
admission into the program.
- Participate in accreditation/assessment process as tasked by
the Program Director
- Prepare lesson plans and instruct students in radiography and
- Perform the duties of a Radiography instructor.The list of
essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
- Bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by a regional
or national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of
Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Graduation from an accredited Radiologic Technology program
recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) or the
Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Three (3) years full-time clinical experience in diagnostic
- One (1) year experience as an instructor in a JRCERT accredited
- Proficient in curriculum development, supervision, instruction,
evaluation, and academic advising.
- Must hold current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) registration in Radiologic Sciences, or equivalent (i.e.,
unrestricted state license for the state in which the program is
- Current license, certification or other credential as required
by local, state and/or federal laws to work in the Radiologic
- Verbal and written communication skills. -
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, Chula Vista , Radiography Clinical Director, Executive , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!