Manager - Patient Care - Labor & Delivery - 5K New Hire Incentive
Company: Scripps Health
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five
hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million
patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.At Scripps
Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has
been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to
Work. -You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So,
if you're open to change, go ahead, and unlock your potential.
-Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista provides a variety of medical
and surgical services, including inpatient and outpatient care.
Located less than 10 miles from the US-Mexico border, Scripps Mercy
serves the cities of Chula Vista, Otay Mesa, National City,
Imperial Beach, Bonita and beyond.We invite you to join our Scripps
Mercy Hospital Chula Vista Labor and Delivery team as a Manager of
Patient Care.As a Manager of Patient Care for Labor and Delivery
you will create and maintain an environment that assures nursing
practice reflects established standards of care and practice and a
culture that promotes patient safety. In addition, you will---
- Responsible for the daily operations of assigned nursing unit,
including creating and managing staffing plans and ensuring
appropriate equipment and resources are available to staff to do
- Ensures appropriate and timely use of bed placement technology
(Teletracking) and adherence to care processes for bed
placement/patient transfer/patient transport/room cleaning and
- Ensures the safe transition of patients thru the continuum of
care to include active participation of nursing staff in planning
and coordinating patient care, and direct hand-off to next
appropriate level of care.
- Accountable for meeting operational budgets for assigned
department(s).This is a Full-Time salaried position with a day
shift schedule with variable days depending on unit needs. This
position is located at Scripps Mercy Chula Vista. Preferred
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or MSN preferred.
- Labor and Delivery leadership recent experience preferred.
- Prefer at least 3 years' recent experience in Labor and
- RNC certificate preferred. Required
- Associate's degree plus five years applicable clinical
experience, two of which in a leadership role.
- Requires excellent skills in communication, problem-solving,
team development, planning and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise the authority and responsibility for
assigned services based on the scope of the organization and
complexity of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited program -Required
- Maintains current California RN license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- NRP certificate.
- Intermediate or Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring Certificate
from AWHONN or NCC.The following are not eligible for hiring
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years agoIn order to
remain eligible for your retention incentive the following
-criteria must be met
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if
specified in offer -letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case
basis and -may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus
unless specifically noted -in your offer letter.Scripps Health is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Scripps Health, Chula Vista , Manager - Patient Care - Labor & Delivery - 5K New Hire Incentive, Executive , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!