Senior Material Management Specialist - Full Time
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Under indirect supervision, has been cross trained to perform a
variety of materiel management functions such as: maintaining
inventory availability based upon consumption/stat demand needs of
the customer; documenting and tracking product usage, orders,
delivery cycles; inspecting/validating that the correct items have
been received and are the appropriate item for the use; delivering
stock and non-stock items; storing products, coordinating product
returns; sorting mail, operating materiel handling equipment. May
operate fork lift, post US Mail, and/or perform inventory analysis
using Materials Management System (MMS). May be required to use
personal vehicle to transport self between facilities.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Inventories supply areas.
- Prepares written documentation or transmits replenishment
- Changes inventory levels based upon data, customer input and
knowledge of inventory supply and lead time for replenishment.
- May perform inventory analysis.
- Delivers supplies, linen, medical records, mail,
pharmaceuticals, lab specimens, radiology films, hazardous
materials and other items to customers according to prescribed
routes and STAT customer needs, within specified time frames.
- Responds to customer needs and requests for stock and non-stock
- Determines if standard stock/formulary item can meet request
and achieves understanding of customer need if it cannot.
- Verifies accuracy of stock/part number, unit of issue,
quantity, and time supply required.
- Completes and corrects recharge and order processing documents
- Rotates and restocks supply shelves, checking for and removing
- Maintains organized, clean and labeled supply areas.
- Completes documents to adjust/reorganize inventory as
- Receives deliveries, may assist in unloading trucks.
- Inspects delivery for damage, quality, verifies accuracy,
quantity, and ensures items received meet order
- Maintains delivery records.
- Responds appropriately to customer inquires regarding Logistics
- May research request using telephone and/or computer
- Assists customers with return order or repair process.
- Ensures adequate documentation, packaging needs, and arranges
- Sorts mail and other items to ensure efficient and timely
- May post US Mail.
- Operates equipment for lifting and transporting supplies such
as pallet jacks (manual and electric), hand trucks, and flat bed
carts following established safety procedures.
- May operate fork lift.
- KP Service Standards: Follows LMP's ABC's: Takes Initiative:
Positive first impression, ask how you can help and give
information Take Responsibility: Solve problems, resolve conflict,
assume ownership Take Care: Protect confidentiality, show respect,
value differences, and show empathy Take Pride: Neat work area, low
noise, be professional, support your team and KP.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Respond to questions of assigned employees. Assign staff as
directed. Coordinate work flow and assign priorities. Train and
orient assigned staff. May provide recommendations to supervisor
regarding departmental procedures, equipment.Basic
- Six (6) months experience in a similar position
- N/ALicense, Certification, Registration
- Current California Driver's License required. Additional
- Must pass basic math test and Typing 15 wpm (Must successfully
complete all testing prior to or within posting period).
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work at multiple sites and transport self between
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- DMV printout if utilizing equipment requiring licensure.
- Experience in a medical products environment.Notes:
Hours and shifts will vary based on
operational needs.May work weekends and float to all MOBs,
warehouse, and all hospital medical centers.PrimaryLocation :
California,San Marcos,San Marcos HospitalHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart :
12:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 11:59 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type
: StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation
: B09-OPEIU-Local 30Job Level : Entry LevelJob Category : Materials
Management,Facility Services & Materials ManagementDepartment : SAN
MARCOS MEDICAL CENTER - MaterialMgmt-Storeroom - 0801Travel : Yes,
100 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Chula Vista , Senior Material Management Specialist - Full Time, Executive , Fallbrook, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...