LVN/ LPT - On Call
Company: Crestwood Behavioral Health
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job DescriptionCrestwood Behavioral Health is proud to be
California's leading provider of mental health services, assisting
thousands of clients and their families from across the state for
more than 53 years. We offer generous benefit packages, competitive
salaries, and a team focused on your growth. To learn more about
working at Crestwood (our culture, values, benefits) please visit
our new Work at Crestwood page.Our Values: Family, compassion,
commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility, character and social
responsibility- drive the work that we do every day, at all our
campuses. These values are integrated into every area of the
company's operations and they serve as the foundation of the
programs and services we provide. We are deeply committed to
creating a positive impact on society and the environment.The
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician
(LPT) provides direct nursing care to the clients according to
physicians' orders and applicable client care standards, within
their scope of practice. The Nurse will provide direction to
non-licensed personnel in providing direct client care and
operation of the unit.Work schedule is PM Shift, Thursday through
Monday. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure in California as a LPT or LVN
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in mental health nursing preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Knowledge of DBT, WRAP and Psychosocial Rehabilitation
Principals preferredPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in
accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for
clients. Works with the service coordinator in developing service
plans for the client.
- Follows protocols regarding medication administration and
treatments per physicians' orders.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding the client's
condition, medication, treatment, and communication with legal and
health care representatives per policy.
- Supervises the use of restraints used for physical and
behavioral reasons, ensuring that the client's rights and safety
- Communicates with appropriate personnel and disciplines on a
daily basis regarding admissions, discharges, changes in condition,
physicians' orders, and other appropriate information.
- Notifies physicians of all incidents, changes in condition, and
need for evaluation of all medications or other treatment in a
- Assures conservator and/or family members are notified of any
incidents or changes in condition as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison with the physician, client, and all members
of the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes incident reports, medication error reports, and drug
reaction reports in a timely manner per protocol.
- Makes independent nursing decisions as necessary based on
appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Observes proper safety practices and recommends or initiates
plan of correction as necessary.
- Upholds all infection control standards.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance
programs for nursing services.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client care information.
- Keeps Director of Nursing Services informed of all potential
problems on the unit.#zrOur Benefits: We offer Full Time employees
comprehensive health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
AD&D), as well as generous time away programs, flexible
schedules, a 401k matching, a Scholarship program, and extensive
training opportunities with CEUs that include DBT, WRAP,
Motivational Interviewing and more.Our Commitment: Crestwood is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to
inclusion, equity and diversity. We embrace all differences and are
fully committed to fostering a sense of belonging for everyone. We
also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.If you need assistance
and/or a reasonable accommodation due to ability during the
application or recruiting process, please talk with your hiring
contact/recruiter or send a request to HR@CBHI.netEmployment is
contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation
including criminal history and identity check.
Keywords: Crestwood Behavioral Health, Chula Vista , LVN/ LPT - On Call, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!