Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: June 21, 2022
ADVANCE YOUR CLINICAL EXPERIENCE WITH CORECIVIC!
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people.
CoreCivic is currently seeking Licensed Vocational Nurses (PRN) who
have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. The Licensed Vocational Nurse (PRN) is
responsible for the performances of basic nursing duties to include
execution of physician orders, operation of pill call, operation of
sick call, and assisting the physician in examinations and
treatments and performs technical/clinical procedures within the
scope of his/her license. Assists in the professional management of
the facility medical department.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required
by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or
equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical
records.More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities
nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with
a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional
facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship,
classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics,
recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more.
Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform
countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic
employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest
quality safety and security around the clock. Qualifications:
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate
as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Must be licensed in the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Chula Vista , LVN (PRN), Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!