Clinical Social Worker - ED - Chula Vista - Up to $7K in New Hire Incentives
Company: Scripps Health
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: July 25, 2022
Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five
hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million
patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.At Scripps
Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has
been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to
Work.You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So
if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.We are
seeking a compassionate, motivated Clinical Social Worker to join
our team at Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista. Our diverse team is
dedicated to serving the community with the highest quality of
care. As a Clinical Social Worker in the Emergency Department you
will work collaboratively with the RN Care Managers to provide best
patient care for a safe, timely discharge. This position will also
- Providing crises counseling, and will work closely with the RN
Care Manager to prevent unnecessary admission.
- Assisting patients and families with personal and environmental
problems which predispose illness or which interfere with their
obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
- Dealing with homelessness, substance abuse and psychiatric
- The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment that is
fast-paced, and where teamwork and collaboration is valued.This is
an 8 hour position from 2pm-10:30pm, working in the ER at Scripps
Mercy Hospital Chula Vista. Work days will be determined with team
to provide 7 day per week coverage. 2 weekend shifts/pay period.
Occasional day shift coverage may also be required due to
scheduling and staffing needs. - Training will occur on day shift
(4-6 weeks).The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years agoIn order to
remain eligible for your retention incentive the following
-criteria must be met
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if
specified in offer -letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job TitleTransfers to other locations
will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and -may result in
forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted -in
your offer letterRequired Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Marriage and Family
Therapist (MFT) from an accredited University/College MFT
applicants must have prior hospital experience.
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies and appeal
procedures as relative to the Federal, State and other
- Must be able to display good working relationships with
patients, families, medical and nursing personnel, and all others
employed at the hospital.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider American Heart
- LCSW or LMFT (Licensed by the State of CA Behavioral Science
- Experience in the hospital setting preferred.
- Experience working with homeless, substance abuse, and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including but not limited to
Outlook, Excel, Epic, ECIN.
- An ability to speak another language is desirable.Scripps
Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Scripps Health, Chula Vista , Clinical Social Worker - ED - Chula Vista - Up to $7K in New Hire Incentives, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!