Laboratory Assistant - Comparative Medicine
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: July 31, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionLab Assistant - Comparative Medicine Are
you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that
will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lab
Assistant - in our -San Diego office.At Takeda, we are transforming
the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market
leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower
our people to realize their potential through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers,
encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we
do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our
global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide
Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold
- Provide quality husbandry and animal care including feeding,
watering, cage changes, performing daily health observations of
animals in rooms as assigned and administering treatments under the
direction of the Veterinarian or designee.
- Oversee general laboratory upkeep including operation of cage
washers and autoclaves, stocking of supplies, routine sanitization,
and maintaining a clean, organized environment. - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Feeding, watering and daily health observations of animals in
rooms as assigned.
- General facility upkeep, routine sanitization and stocking of
- Operate cage washers and autoclaves.
- Maintain accurate documentation of work completed and animal
- Administer prescribed medications under direction of the
Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Transport of supplies and equipment between facilities.
- Weekend Saturday and Sunday work is required. - Schedule can be
Sat-Wed or - Wed-Sun. Manage own work, ensuring quality and meeting
deadlines. - Some holiday work required. -
- Assess problems or issues that should be brought to the
attention of the manager.
- Provide technical support to investigators and their staff
(e.g. injections, collection of biological samples, compound
dosing, micro chipping etc.) as needed.
- Coach and train peers.EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND
- A.S./B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field (preferred) or
animal experience in a veterinary clinic, zoo etc. - or
- HS diploma plus one or more years experience working with
- AALAS certification at ALAT level preferred.
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and 50lbs short distances.
Ability to push pull large equipment short distances. Ability to
work on their feet for long periods of timeThis position is
currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid
and Remote Work policy.In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act,
Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to ApplyWHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation daysEmpowering Our People to ShineDiscover more
at takedajobs.comNo Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsSan Diego, CAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Chula Vista , Laboratory Assistant - Comparative Medicine, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!