Clinical Supervisor - RN
Company: Core Civic
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 16, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Clinical Supervisors (RN)
who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. The successful applicant should be able to
perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of
performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements
- Report directly to the Warden/Facility Administrator or Health
Service Administrator for daily clinical operations within the
- Manage and supervise daily nursing/clinical activities.
- Supervise nursing and non-licensed health care providers in the
performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by the
facility and corporate policy. This includes, but is not limited
to, training new employees; evaluating performance and preparing
written performance appraisals; listening to complaints and
effectively resolving disputes or problems; taking corrective or
disciplinary action; developing work schedules for subordinates;
and approving leave requests.
- Provide direct patient care as indicated within scope of
licensure; apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and
treatment of inmates/residents.
- Provide for adequate staffing at the facility; fill in as
needed during periods of short staffing; may perform nursing duties
including, but not limited to, executing physician's orders,
assisting physicians in examinations or treatment, dispensing and
administering medications, treating emergencies and screening
patients for referrals, and performing intakes.
- Perform triage and physical assessments.
- Perform and direct emergency care and procedures as needed and
call the Licensed Independent Provider for treatment
- Graduate from an accredited college or university nursing
program with a diploma/degree in nursing.
- Must possess current RN licensure in the state of
- Six years nursing experience required.
- One year's supervisory experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and possess a
strong knowledge base of clinical nursing and basic
principle/practices of management.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of computer and office
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age. -
-CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, Chula Vista , Clinical Supervisor - RN, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!