Medical Assistant II
Company: QTC Management, Inc.
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of America's
military service members? Are you looking for a change of pace,
with reasonable hours, competitive pay and excellent employee
benefits available on first day of hire? If you are a Medical
Assistant with a diploma and/or certificate, EMT or have military
specialist experience (Medic or Corpsman) or higher, we would like
to talk to you! QTC Management is seeking a qualified candidate for
a Full-Time Medical Assistant position in our Chula Vista, CA
clinic. QTC Management is the largest provider of disability
(pension) and occupational health examination services. We are
PASSIONATE about our country's veterans, UNITED as a team and
INSPIRED to make a difference. Our mission: To provide
high-quality, timely, and customer-focused medical examination
service solutions. Our values: Integrity Innovation Agility
Collaboration Inclusion Commitment In this rewarding role, you
- Perform routine and basic front and back-office duties, to
include phones, data entry
- Assist in the examination process of patients under the
direction of a physician.
- Interview patients
- Measures vital signs
- Record information on patients' charts
- Draw and collect blood samples and/or urine samples from
- Prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
- Conduct a variety of diagnostic tests. You will have:
- An associates degree in medical assisting and/or graduation
from an accredited vocational medical assistant program, and/or
- 1-3 years of medical assistant experience. (We are open to
candidates with more or less experience).
- Technology driven medical data entry system experience or
related computer data entry.
- Experience in Occupational Medicine clinic, General Medical,
Internal Medicine work environment preferred.
- CPR/ BLS certification required.
- The ability to organize plan and coordinate multiple tasks with
a high sense of urgency and follow-through.
- The ability to work both in a team environment as well as
- Exceptional customer service skills that will enhance the
interaction with the providers, operational teams and clients.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of applicable
policies and procedures.
- The ability to maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and
safe working environment.
- The ability to successfully pass National Agency Check with
Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- A medical clearance that consists of passing an N95 respirator
fit test, pass a Tuberculosis/TB test and receive a Hepatitis A/B
vaccine series or pass a Hepatitis A/B Titer test. Typical Day:
- Initial training will be Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm for 3
- Position is located ONSITE at our Clinic Pay and Benefits:
Hourly Rates are based on experience and education PLUS quarterly
bonus potential AND annual merit increase eligibility up to 5%!
Level II = $16.04 - $15.91 (1-3 years of exp.)Level III = $17.83 -
$19.71 (3-5 years of exp.)Level IV = $19.78 - $21.88 (5+ years of
exp.) Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision.
That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the
importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits
include competitive compensation, performance-related bonuses,
health and wellness programs, student loan repayment and tuition
reimbursement, paid leave and retirement. More details are
available here . The QTC pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law. This job description supersedes all prior
job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content
and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not
to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties
and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or
change the duties of this position as required at any time. QTC
Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal
Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to
affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of
discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits,
hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin,
age, sex, sexual orientation, people with disabilities protected
under law, and protected veteran status. Experience Required
- 1 - 3 years: Medical Assistant Education Required
- Medical Assistant or better
- GED or better
- High School Diploma or betterPreferred
- Corpsman or better Licenses & Certifications Required
- Medical Assistant Skills Required
- Computer Literacy
- Electronic Medical Records
- Executing Multiple Tasks
- MS Office
- Blood Draws/Venipuncture
- Medical TerminologyPreferred
- Problem Solving Behaviors Required
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well Motivations Required
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
tasksEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: QTC Management, Inc., Chula Vista , Medical Assistant II, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!