Family Medicine Physician
Company: Family Health Centers of San Diego
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for a
Family Medicine Physician to join our team at our Chula Vista
Family Health Center.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, the Physician
will provide caring, affordable, high quality healthcare and
supportive services to everyone, with a special commitment to
uninsured, low income and medically underserved persons. If you are
passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of
your community, especially for underserved communities, FHCSD is
looking for people like you. Responsibilities:
- Completes all required documentation accurately, timely and
thoroughly in accordance with department standards and to comply
with electronic medical record requirements, including medication
reconciliation, finalizing notes, clearing out personal pool, and
participating in clinic pool.
- Follows FHCSD policies and procedures, including (but not
limited to), cooperating with the timely submission of
credentialing and licensing paperwork; maintaining BLS
certification; maintaining CME units based on the requirements of
the specifying Board; attending all mandatory meetings; minimizing
incident reports; using resources efficiently and practicing
medicine in a cost-effective manner.
- Maintain FHCSD behavioral standards, including (but not limited
to), effective listening and communication skills and respectful
interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Maintains minimum productivity requirements as outlined by the
- Maintains satisfactory peer reviews: able to assess medical
information including pathophysiology, patient presentation,
differential diagnosis, etc., in order to facilitate health
promotion and disease prevention.
- Meets clinic site and organization needs in a reliable and
flexible manner; prioritizes work and makes an effort to adhere to
- Participate in Clinical Outcomes Program and work towards
meeting organizational targets for all metrics.
- Participates in administrative duties, including lab reports,
charts, and medication refills reviewed and managed
- Participates in on-call schedule in a responsive and timely
- Supervise Advanced Practice Providers in a timely and
- Performs other duties as assignedRequirements:
- Board certified or Board eligible in a Primary Care field
- Experience and desire to see a large pediatric patient
- Experience with underserved, low-income persons, or homeless
- Ability to work effectively with patients from diverse social,
cultural and economic groups
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR
(BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life
Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training.
- DEA license
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine.
- Must possess current unrestricted license to practice in the
State of California
- Second language fluency in Spanish required.Rewards:
- Job type: Part Time, 4 days per week
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness ProgramsFHCSD was founded by
community activists working towards a common goal: caring,
affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to
continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to
over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful
candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine
and providing culturally competent care to the medically
Keywords: Family Health Centers of San Diego, Chula Vista , Family Medicine Physician, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!