Patient Transporter - Patient Transport - Chula Vista Medical Center - Night Shift - Full-Time
Company: SHARP HEALTHCARE
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 19, 2023
HoursShift Start Time:VariableShift End Time:VariableAdditional
Shift Information:Weekend Requirements:Every OtherOn-Call
Required:NoHourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$20.000
- $22.314 - $26.777 -The stated pay scale reflects the range that
Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position.--- The actual
pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a
variety of factors, including an applicant's years of experience,
unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar
internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for
the position, and employer business practices. - -
What You Will Do
Patient Transport assists with mobilizing patients using lift
equipment and/or mobilization aids and other trained health care
professional to provide safe and effective patient transports
throughout the facility. Patient Transporters transport equipment,
supplies, specimens, and patients using the transport tracking
system; ensuring that the patients are monitored and the
environmental pathway is safe for travel.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS
Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- 1 Year Hospital experience or similar experience.
- Communication and teamwork
* Practice effective communication in a demanding environment.
* Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and attitude towards
patients, visitors, physicians, coworkers, supervisor, and all
* Communicates relevant patient information to appropriate
* Recognizes barriers to transporting and communicating with
patients and their plan of care and seeks resources or options.
* Communicates incomplete transports to appropriate units and
* Communicates with all team members in regards to day-to-day
operations; barriers and/or obstacles for transporting.
* Effectively provides safe and effective transports of patients
utilizing correct mode of travel.
* Complies with all mobility requirements and ensures that
equipment is available, stored properly, and cleaned regularly.
* Demonstrates the ability to transfer and transport patients, with
assistance, with complex clinical support equipment safely,
maintains the integrity of intravenous lines, suction devices,
feeding tubes, etc.
* Takes action in life threatening situations and immediately
notifies the licensed nurse.
- Patient mobilization
* Role models and utilizes appropriate use of lift and mobilization
equipment and/or aids.
* Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, ambulates patient
utilizing the appropriate equipment or assist device.
* Assist with lateral and supine patient transfers from bed to
chair, chair to bed, bed to gurney, gurney to bed, bed to bed,
Patients and Items:
* Correctly utilizes the transport tracking system for transporting
patients and items:
* Tracking and progressing jobs
* Accepting jobs - limited job rejections
* Delay and cancellation of jobs
* Uses mini tasks and task assistance when available
* Correctly identifies patients by using two patient
* Transports patient with required patient hand-off protocol.
* Maintains the log book for signing patients in and out of the
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics for safe transfer of patient
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as
a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability or any other protected class
AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS
Healthcare) - American Heart Association
Keywords: SHARP HEALTHCARE, Chula Vista , Patient Transporter - Patient Transport - Chula Vista Medical Center - Night Shift - Full-Time, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!