Guest Service Agent - Full Time
Company: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Why We're Here
The Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego will undergo a top-to-bottom
transformation and re-emerge as a vibrant new concept in Fall 2022.
With 211 guest rooms and suites, guests can enjoy skyline views of
San Diego from private guestroom balconies, relax on the completely
renovated 7,000sqft pool deck, or dine in one of the brand new
restaurants developed by a well-known critically acclaimed chef.
Serving as a hub in the bustling Gaslamp Quarter, amenities will
include evening social hour, morning coffee and tea service,
"Forgot It? We've Got It!" amenity program, complimentary pet
policy, in-room yoga mats, a well-equipped fitness center and
complimentary access to PUBLIC bikes.
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better.
Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with
your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who
share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't
need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an
innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent,
exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests
feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for registration and
check-out, PBX operations, mail and message service all the while
providing outstanding service to our guests along the way. You'll
act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously
personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that
will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Review arrivals noting special requests, blocking rooms as
- Check in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional and
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always
ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM, Overnight) checklist
by end of shift.
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS,
repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Submit all lost & found articles accompanied by a completed
lost & found report.
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves
counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions
occurring while on duty.
- Verify credit limit report.
- Monitor room availability throughout the day.
- Review daily the selling status of the hotel using yield
- Attend department meeting once a month.
- Communicate by telephone and/or radio with other departments:
Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, and Valet.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience in a Front Desk or customer-facing role is
- Knowledgeable of immediate area, services, attractions, and
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and
- Work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and
departures within a short period of time.
- Familiar with hotel systems and operations, and the ability to
enter in information accurately.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants, Chula Vista , Guest Service Agent - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!