Software Developer / Software Engineer, C/C++
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 12, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
Under general supervision and with regular review, this position
researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide
end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
Contributes in planning of application development and deployment
as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall
computing environment. Responsible for documentation, testing,
maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain
experts, users, and management throughout the software development
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for
software development within the broader organizational scope.
Software development includes end-user, system level, and data
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software
solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining
language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including
cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace
with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new
developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and
with management as well as with the wider community through the
publishing and presentation of technical papers.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
computer science, information systems or a related discipline and
progressive software development experience as follows; four or
more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more
years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute
equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of software development
concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to
follow and apply the use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are
required to enable an effective interface with other professionals,
to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Chula Vista , Software Developer / Software Engineer, C/C++, IT / Software / Systems , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!