Java Developer, Mid-Level
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Description Job Description: The Biobehavioral Research Division
within the Military and Veterans Health Services Operation at
Leidos has a need for a Java Developer. The individual selected for
this position will work in support of the Immune Epitope Database
and Analysis Resource Project sponsored by the National Institute
of Health. This position can be completed remotely with required on
site meetings, two days per week. Additional on-site work may be
required, as needed.In this role, you will regularly team up with
functional peer groups in multiple collaborative work models to
ensure successful software execution and software development
practices. This person will design and develop technical solutions
to maintain existing system functionality, address defects, perform
testing, and create system enhancements according to system
requirements and design specifications of the IEDB system.The IEDB
system is an Internet based resource through which information on
epitopes is freely available to scientists worldwide. With the
increasing focus being paid to biodefense and emerging infectious
agents, the need for vast stores of information relating to the
behavior and treatment of dangerous pathogens is ever-growing. The
IEDB fills that need, providing a resource that will allow for the
generation of new research tools, diagnostic techniques, vaccines
and therapeutics for emerging and reemerging diseases.Primary
- Work independently to perform software development tasks and
ensures efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry
standards and repeatable processes.
- Function as a self-starter while researching and installing
tools and/or software for development environment and task
- Fix, enhance, and replace deliverables of projects through all
aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best
designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well
defined but always considers the customer first. Basic
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field and 3-6 years
experience with object-oriented programming in Java.
- Technical knowledge of the investigation, analysis, and
resolution of technical problems related to system functions,
programming, and procedures.
- A solid understanding of software development process
- Experience with Java, Struts, JSP, ORM, SOAP, ANT, WebLogic or
- Experience working with relational databases including Oracle,
MySQL or Postgres.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX, Python is a definite plus.
- Background working with development team under configuration
- Knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, or Life Sciences.Naval Health
West - NHW Pay Range: Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 -
$155,250.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Chula Vista , Java Developer, Mid-Level, IT / Software / Systems , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!