You will serve as a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC LEADER in the Assistant
Chief of Staff, Facilities Maintenance Division, General Support
Branch of MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON.
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD direct
hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to
positions in the competitive service.
The closing date has been extended to: 03-MAY-2021
Learn more about this agency
- You will advise employees to follow supervisors instructions
and to meet deadlines.
- You will respond to workers questions regarding procedures,
policies, written instructions, and other directives (e.g.,
- You will provide information on status and progress of work,
causes of delays, and overall work operations and problems as
- You will perform repairs on a variety of domestic and
commercial refrigeration and air conditioning units and systems
(i.e., walk-in and reach-in coolers, refrigerators, deep freezers,
window air conditioning units, and similar equipment).
- You will assemble and repair various plumbing or mechanical
systems and/or equipment.
- You will perform scheduled maintenance on electrical equipment
including motors and fire alarm systems.
- You will operate and perform preventative maintenance on
assigned motor vehicles up to 3 tons.
4749 Maintenance Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to
successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To
learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of
retired military members within 180 days immediately following
retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions
of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
- You must possess and maintain a valid state driver's
- You must posses an EPA Universal Certification for freon
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or
final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to
obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in
the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not
required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show
through experience and training that you possess the quality level
of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the
position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification
requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily
the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level
of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job
elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to
determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not
receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will
be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is:
Ability to perform common tasks under general supervision including
responding to emergency repair calls in Heating, Ventilation and
Air Conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and electrical areas; and
monitoring work in progress ensuring compliance with supervisor's
instructions and directives.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel
Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor
Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g.,
professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community,
student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies,
knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and
experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification