Fire Alarm Technician
Company: TechFlow, Inc
Location: Camp Pendleton
Posted on: May 3, 2021
TechFlow requires a Fire Alarm Technician to
install, test, maintain and repair fire safety and security
systems, such as fire alarms and suppression systems, that ensure
occupants' safety of both residential and commercial facilities.
The Fire Alarm Technician will install and update
fire alarm systems in commercial and residential buildings. This
individual will perform inspections, test alarms, and troubleshoot
or document any issues. This individual will also respond to
emergency service calls and ensure the systems are functioning
- Install or upgrade fire alarms in commercial and/or residential
- Test and repair alarm systems already in place
- Perform inspections to ensure alarms are installed according to
- Complete detailed inspection reports, documenting any
- Respond to emergency service calls
- Provide preliminary cost estimates for materials and
- Maintain current license and identification card to meet
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective technical troubleshooting, interpersonal, and
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures as set by
- Promote and maintain a positive image of DSC-EMI to our
customers, vendors, employees, and the community.
- Continuously strive to accomplish individual and DSC-EMI
- Polite, professional, and courteous to others. Demonstrate a
cooperative and positive attitude.
- Inform the Project Manager of all pertinent problems,
irregularities, and other important information within the area of
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures to include proper use
of personal protective equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to DSC-EMI, our
customers, vendors, and employees.
- Be adaptable and flexible in work situations. Establish
priorities to ensure the completion of tasks in a timely
- Ability to use correct English grammar, spelling, and sentence
structure in written and verbal communications. Additional
qualifications in this area are:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
situations to customers and coworkers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform
this job include the need to be resourceful and use
problem-solving, the ability to be alert and precise in a
distracting (loud, busy) environment.
- Requires lifting and moving as much as 50 pounds with
assistance as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms,
talk, hear, stand, twist, stoop, reach, squat, and walk. Performing
duties may require prolonged periods of sitting, bending,
squatting, standing, twisting, or stooping. May also be required to
climb ladders and enter confined spaces.
- Electricians may spend long hours outside and in awkward
positions which can cause physical discomfort and strain. They may
stand for long periods and frequently work on ladders and
scaffolds. Electricians risk injury from electrical shock falls,
and cuts; to avoid injuries, they must follow strict safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 3-5 years. Experience must include an industrial or commercial
facilities maintenance environment.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and
building codes and regulations pertaining to the trade.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment such as multi-meters
and digital analyzers
- Knowledgeable about all fire safety codes and regulations,
- Must be able to read and understand installation manuals as
appropriate to trade.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent amounts of technical
training and experience.
- Working knowledge of NFPA standards (including 70 and 72)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- NICET certification required
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee owned. Come make a difference in
a job that contributes to your future and help us build an agile
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: TechFlow, Inc, Chula Vista , Fire Alarm Technician, Other , Camp Pendleton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!