Computer Operator I - Camp Pendleton
Location: Camp Pendleton
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Monitors and operates the control console of either a mainframe
digital computer or a group of minicomputers, in accordance with
operating instructions, to process data.
- Loads and unloads trucks, and other conveyances, moves supplies
and materials to proper location by wheelbarrow or hand truck,
- Stacks materials for storage or binning, collects refuse and
- Digs, fills, and tamps earth excavations, levels the ground
using pick, shovel, tamper and rake.
- Shovels concrete and snow; cleans culverts and ditches; cuts
tree and brush; operates power lawnmowers.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of office furniture, equipment,
- Moves heavy pieces of automotive and other types of machinery
- Requires skill in operating an alphanumeric keyboard.
- Understanding of transcribing procedures and relevant data
- Requires the application of experience and judgment in
selecting procedures to be followed, and searching for
interpreting, selecting, or coding items to be entered from a
variety of document sources.
- Occasionally performs routine work following specific
procedures or detailed instructions working from various
standardized source documents that have been coded and requires
little or no selecting, coding or interpreting of data.
- Studies operating instructions to determine equipment setup
- Loads equipment with required items (tapes, cards, paper,
- Switches necessary auxiliary equipment into system;
- Diagnoses and corrects equipment malfunctions.
- Reviews error messages and makes corrections during operation
or refers problems;
- Maintains operating record.
- Works under close supervision and is provided detailed written
or oral guidance before and during assignments.
- Drive company owned commercial vehicles to various locations on
the military base to perform duties.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in data entry on Simulation &
- Associates degree in an applied science. In lieu of degree,
relevant work experience may be substituted on a year for year
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver's license and be
insurable by the company's insurance carrier
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft
software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties under operating
and deadline constraints.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours and available for
- May be required to work extended workdays frequently. Overtime
compensation established by local SCA regulations, if
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on
the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/#equal_opportunity
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of
Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with
Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
High School Diploma / GED
Administrative / Clerical
0 - 25%
Keywords: Katmai, Chula Vista , Computer Operator I - Camp Pendleton, Other , Camp Pendleton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!