Company: TechFlow, Inc
Location: Camp Pendleton
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What We Do
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation
support services, facilities maintenance, logistics, and IT
support. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value
innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients’
What Sets Us Apart
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our
customers’ trust and our employees’ loyalty. We’ve successfully
performed over 60 service contracts and we understand the unique
challenges facing today’s military. We offer exceptional
responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We
demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the
highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250
high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel
deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At
times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable
The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise
and proven solutions to augment our clients’ operations. We provide
a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional
customer service in a very cost-effective and repeatable
The Generator Mechanic repairs machinery or
mechanical equipment. Work involves most of the following:
examining generators and related mechanical equipment to diagnose
source of trouble, dismantling or partly dismantling machines and
performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in
scraping and fitting parts.
The Generator Mechanic
responsibilities include replacing broken or defective parts with
items obtained from stock, and ordering the production of a
replacement part by a machine shop or sending the machine to a
machine shop for major repairs. Duties also include preparing
written specifications for major repairs or for the production of
parts ordered from machine shops, reassembling machines and making
all necessary adjustments for operation.
- Operates and inspects generators or equipment to diagnose
- Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems that are found
on generators and equipment such as mechanical and computer
- Maintains service logs and records of maintenance on pieces of
- Maintains supply of spare parts
- Prepares work orders and cost materials estimates.
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in
good working condition.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair
- Practice workplace safety.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of
ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective technical, interpersonal, and organizational
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and
equipment used in the repair and maintenance of various machine
- Knowledge of safety issues in the use of tools, equipment, and
supplies used in repair of generators and equipment.
- Knowledge generator maintenance techniques.
- Skill in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing and tuning
- Ability to diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
- Ability to read manuals and schematics.
- Ability to rebuild engines and major driveline components.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures as set by EMI
- Promote and maintain a positive image of EMI Services to our
customers, vendors, employees, and the community.
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to EMI
Services, our customers, vendors and employees.
- Be adaptable and flexible in work situations. Establish
priorities to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Continuously strive to accomplish individual and EMI Services
- Polite, professional, and courteous to others. Demonstrate a
cooperative and positive attitude.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures to include proper use
of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to use correct English grammar, spelling, and sentence
structure in written and verbal communications. Additional
qualifications in this area are:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one
situations to customers and coworkers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform
this job include the need to be resourceful and use problem
solving, the ability to be alert and precise in a distracting
(loud, busy) environment.
- Requires lifting and moving as much as 50 pounds with
assistance as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms,
talk, hear, stand, twist, stoop, reach, squat, and walk. Performing
duties may require prolonged periods of sitting, bending,
squatting, standing, twisting, or stooping. May also be required to
climb ladders and enter confined spaces.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 3-6 years experience where the job duties include operation of
generators and experience in mechanical equipment repair
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent. Each complete year of
accredited college education in a related field may be substituted
for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Requirements:
- Valid drive's license is required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: TechFlow, Inc, Chula Vista , Generator Mechanic, Other , Camp Pendleton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!