Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: November 18, 2021
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for checking
complex design, documentation and Engineering Change (EC) packages
for compliance with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Standards specified in ANSI/ASME Y14.100, in-house procedures and
customer contract specifications. Essential Functions
1. Checks documentation of fabricated items, schematics, assemblies
and Source Control Drawings (SCD's) to ensure conformance to design
documentation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standards and
design data supplied by engineering.
2. Verifies form and fit completeness and consistency of
dimensioning of drawings. Recommends changes to ensure compliance
with standards, procedures and specifications.
3. Performs tolerance stack up analysis in support of form and fit
of components to assembly.
4. Verifies documentation to vendor data sheets; represents the
group and coordinates correspondence with vendor. 5. Recommends
changes and updates to the Design and Drafting Standards
6. Confers with engineering to resolve drawing and design
7. Provides training to improve overall drafting quality and
8. Reviews material requirements for standardization and
conformance to industry specification manuals.
9. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
10. Position will require 80% mechanical with 20% electrical design
11. Responsible for Windchill and PDM pro upkeep as needed
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Chula Vista , Drafter/ Designer, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!