Guest Experience Ambassador
Company: La Quinta by Wyndham San Diego - Chula Vista
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: January 11, 2022
La Quinta by Wyndhamis now seeking aGuest Experience Ambassador
to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham San Diego - Chula
Vista location in Chula Vista,California.Job SummaryThe Guest
Experience Ambassador is responsible for providing efficient and
exceptional service to a wide variety of individuals on a daily
basis, including: guests, potential guests, vendor partners and
team members. This service can be delivered by performing a variety
of Front Desk, Maintenance, Housekeeping, and/or Laundry duties to
meet daily business needs.This versatile position will provide
valuable support in multiple areas of the hotel. Individuals in
this role must adhere to the companys standards and procedures in
order to deliver a consistent guest experience across the brand
while complying with all safety, security and quality
measures.Education & ExperienceMINIMUM EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand
- Must possess and maintain valid licenses and/or certifications
which are job related and required by law.
- At hotels which operate a courtesy van/shuttle, must possess
and maintain a valid, current, non-restricted drivers license if
required to drive. Must also possess and maintain an acceptable
driving history.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Previous hotel or customer service experience is required,
previous maintenance experience is desired.Physical Requirements
- Ability and willingness to work a variable schedule including
morning, afternoon, evening, overnight shifts, weekends and
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, and walk for extended
periods of time, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time and
possibly for the duration of the work shift. Must also be able to
climb up/down stairs and ladders.
- Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of
objects and usage of small repair tools.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 30 pounds and occasionally
lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to regularly push and/or pull carts to carry
linens, trash, tools, etc. or operate equipment such as a
lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Requires excellent hearing along with good near and distant
- Must be able to view/access computer screens and keyboard
functions and type on a computer keyboard throughout the duration
of the scheduled shift with the exception of scheduled breaks
and/or lunch times.
- Must be able to verbally respond over the telephone, in a
- Capable of working alone or with others in a fast paced
environment with stressful situations and adjusting to changing
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions, yet still provide
service to individuals in a professional and courteous
- Requires regular, sometimes constant, contact with customers,
outside agencies and the general public. Must have excellent verbal
and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to interact with many types of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills and able to accurately sense and
respond to guests unspoken wants and needs.
- Excellent telephone skills particularly related to customer
service and sales.
- Basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, caulking, and/or
other general repair skills.
- Must be able to work with and secure sensitive and/or
confidential material and information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with little or no
supervision, responding to and handling unfamiliar situations with
little supervisory guidance.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills are
required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of
available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and
adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm during stressful
situations.Fundamental RequirementsFront Desk:
- Provide a friendly, welcoming experience by greeting guests as
they enter the hotel. Welcome loyal guests and military members
using the best practices outlined for each program. Ensure Elite
guests receive the designated gift upon arrival.
- Provide all guests (including groups) with a friendly, accurate
and efficient check-in / check-out process while following the
companys policies and procedures. Prepare for check-ins before the
guest arrives by using the arrivals grid, preparing express
check-ins, and planning for group arrivals. Ensure the front
desk/lobby areas remain clean, organized and ready to greet
- Verify and collect guest payments and identification, ensuring
all procedures are followed to protect sensitive guest information
including identity and credit card information. Process all
financial transactions with strict adherence to defined
- Answer the hotel phone in a manner which provides a genuine
Here For You experience to every caller. Listen, identify and
resolve the callers need(s). Properly and efficiently transfer
calls as necessary.
- Provide a warm and friendly experience to potential guests
inquiring about hotel reservations by focusing on the guests need,
asking for the sale, entering and confirming the reservation
details, providing the cancellation policy and offering to enroll
the guest in the Returns program.
- Complete shift checklist(s) to ensure the hotel information is
updated and team members are prepared for the daily activities.
Maintain room status inventory.Laundry:
- Wash and dry laundry following proper equipment settings and
- Maintain the organization of the laundry room by folding and
storing linen/terry in appropriate areas and keeping accurate
inventory of available and discarded linen.Housekeeping:
- Clean guest rooms and guest baths as needed.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and
linen/terry in accordance with standards.
- Inspect rooms for needed repairs or fixtures that are not
working properly; make small repairs such as replacing light bulbs,
batteries in remote control, etc. Report other repair requests to
Maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply carts and
- Perform routine maintenance duties, to include painting,
caulking, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture,
fixtures, and equipment to include televisions, light fixtures,
- Clean and maintain the hotels exterior areas and public spaces
to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and any other aspects of
the hotels overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Resolve submitted work orders in a timely manner while sensing
and responding to guest needs; report major repair requests to the
Maintenance Supervisor and/or General Manager as needed.
- Ensure proper usage, organization, and security/protection of
supplies, tools, carts, and store rooms.
- Perform all other duties outlined in the companys Preventative
Maintenance Program.COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.Our hotel
owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion
everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences,
and our robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading economy and
midscale brandsdelivers just that.We are AmericInn by Wyndham,
Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce
Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by
Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La
Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by
Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Super 8 by Wyndham, The
Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by
Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with
offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai
and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000
team members worldwide.Our Company is an Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer.Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham San Diego -
Chula Vista,150 Bonita Road,Chula Vista,California 91910
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: La Quinta by Wyndham San Diego - Chula Vista, Chula Vista , Guest Experience Ambassador, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!