Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife
Company: Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: January 16, 2023
We are looking for a Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician
Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife at our Chula Vista Health
Center.As a Lead Clinician (Nurse Practitioner, Physician
Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife), you will play a critical
role as a leader in the health center. As a part of the leadership
team you will ensure the provision of high quality, cost effective
medical care to a diverse patient population. Considering employee
engagement, patient experience and care, and business optimization
in all decision making, the Lead Clinician will also act as a
clinical role model and serve as a medical resource to staff. This
will include providing exams, diagnosis, treatment, education, and
counseling for patients in accordance with Planned Parenthood of
the Pacific Southwest protocols.This is a Full Time/Fully Benefited
position designed for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, or
Certified Nurse Midwives.In this role, you'll get to:
- Change lives.
- Collaborate with other Healthcare providers, Physicians, and
Management on patient care and clinical improvements.
- Partner with a Case Management team, which will communicate
with patients on lab results, referrals, and other aspects of
- Gain new skills such as IUC retrievals, Nexplanon insertions,
Cryotherapy, Bartholin Cyst I&D, and prescribe GAHT (Gender
Affirming Hormone therapy).
- Work in a supportive and professional nursing environment,
where we believe in evidence-based protocols and guidelines.
- Work for an agency that fosters engagement, growth, and success
in your field.
- Pursue continuing education that will add to your career as a
- Participate as clinician leader in health center/affiliate
efforts to fulfill goals of Strategic Plan.
- Ensure compliance with established Agency metrics and support
clinical team in meeting these metrics.
- Professionally communicate benefits, challenges and concerns in
order to support positive change management to appropriate
- Participate in Agency meetings and collaborate with Center
Managers, proactively bring information back to staff and be the
primary communicator regarding medical protocol changes and changes
in clinical care.
- In collaboration with Clinical Services and Operations teams,
ensure backup and interim support for other centers as needed.
- In partnership with leadership team, lead implementation of
clinical changes, including services, protocols, and ensure that
all clinicians and non-licensed staff adopt the changes and are
- When working with clinicians in center or other venues, provide
feedback and communication to home center Lead regarding clinician
feedback - collaborative feedback process.
- Act as a resource and consultant for clinical staff as
- Support Center Manager in performance management.
- In partnership with leadership team, lead change based on audit
- Conduct chart reviews and observations and provides regular
performance feedback to clinical staff, including clinicians and
- Provide feedback and coaching to all staff on following medical
protocols and processes related to clinical quality, accuracy and
appropriate delivery of medical content, care, efficiency and
productivity, customer service, tardiness.
- Establish system for occasional observation of licensed and
non-licensed staff to ensure that clinical standards are being met
and protocols are being followed.
- Perform role of lead training clinician in clinician
- As lead training clinician, train on clinician role, including
medical protocols and processes related to clinical quality,
accuracy, and appropriate delivery of care, efficiency and
productivity, customer service.
- Partner with Clinical Services team and Associate Medical
Director to train medical students, NP/PA students and residents as
- Support proctoring and clinical privileging.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat clients' reproductive health issues
appropriately and only when covered by PPPSW medical protocols
(unless Physician consult sought).
- Stay up to date with evidence based practice.
- Participate in research projects as requested.We are looking
for a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant or a Certified
Nurse Midwife who:
- Holds an active California license as a Nurse Practitioner,
Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Has several years of clinical experience (1 or more years
- Has leadership and management experience.
- Spanish/English bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Is eager to work in an environment that supports the agency's
commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where no two days
are the same.
- Demonstrates compassion, whether it's providing patient care or
- Is willing to jump in to help with coverage if need be. PPPSW
Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
- At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the
philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace
equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency's
mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we
work toward living out our social justice values as an employer.
PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have
significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all
positions are compensated competitively as compared to other
similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes
compensation supported by a position description that identifies
competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In
alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate
openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the
design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the
compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent
with Agency's value of pay equity.
- The hiring range for this position is: $71.95/hour to
$85.00/hour (depending on years of experience)We are the power of
Planned Parenthood.We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific
Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the
most iconic health care organization in the world. We are
recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the
outstanding education we deliver.We are a prominent and powerful
team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our
communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the
highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for
people, without judgment.100 years of advocating for our mission
has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for
practicing health care.We are a team you can have fun with and a
powerful movement you can be part of. Together we'll take pride in
shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.For
those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a
gift.In This Together.PI201234245
Keywords: Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, Chula Vista , Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!