Subcontracts Administrator I
Company: NSC Technologies
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: May 23, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $24-$30JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE
Basically: Under direction, this position is responsible for
supporting on or more projects with Subcontracting Administration.
This includes establishing subcontractor requirements,
solicitation, selection, qualification verification and final Terms
and Conditions compliance. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES
- Primarily Responsible for issuance of Subcontractor
Solicitations, Reviews, Selections to support the company proposals
- With assistance of the Contracts Manger or designate,
responsible for developing the Subcontractor solicitation format
and exception with review from the Contracts Manger or
- Responsible to have open communication and working closely with
the Labor and Material estimators to identify subcontracted
- Ensures the contractors and subcontractor are vetted and
qualified contractors and subcontractor are in accordance with
- Identifies subcontract issues and recommends solutions with the
assistance of the Contracts Manager or designate.
- With the guidance of the Contracts Manger or designate,
Initiates negotiating and modifying requirements and negotiating
with Subcontractor to ensure best pricing and compliance to
statement of work requirements.
- Understands internal and external terms and conditions of
non-disclosure, teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding
- Assist Contracts Manager or designate to department, Programs
of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation
of terms and conditions.
- Assist Contracts Manager or designate in cost and pricing
reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact
on contracts, including export considerations.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic
and hard copy records.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
in the best interest and on behalf of the Company. Expected to work
in a safe manner in accordance with established operating
procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the Contracts
Manager or his designate.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and
- Must adhere to a promote ALL company safety policies and
promote a clean and safe work environment. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The
Subcontracts Administrator I must be able to meet and successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. The following physical
demands are representative to the position. This position requires
extensive sitting for long periods of time. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability
to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Awareness of Department of Defense contracts, Primary Customer
contracts variety of contract types.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of contract
principles, theories, concepts, and regulations, and experience
demonstrating a broad application of those practices, techniques,
and standards under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense
Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Must be internal and external customer focused and possess: (1)
the ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety
subcontractor issues and problems; (2) excellent verbal and written
communication and presentation skills to accurately document and
report findings; (3); (the ability to organize, schedule, and
coordinate multiple work phases; (4) excellent computer
- Working knowledge of data integrated systems desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours to support
customer deadlines COMPETENCIES
- Communication Proficiency
- Flexibility (Job duties & schedule)
- Work well with others in all areas where SCW&M is
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Able to work independently
- Teamwork orientation SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTY Subcontracts
Administrator I position has no supervisory responsibilities.
POSITION TYPE / HOURS OF WORK This is a full-time position, 40
hours per week. Schedule is Monday- Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required based on
production needs and deadlines. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires or Certification in Government Contract
Management along with 1 or more years of progressive professional
experience in contract administration or Equivalent professional
contract experience i.e. Estimating (Material / Labor), Proposals,
Administrative of Procurement processes may be substituted in lieu
Keywords: NSC Technologies, Chula Vista , Subcontracts Administrator I, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...