Psychosocial Clinician/Counselor II
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Psychosocial Clinician II is a member of an
interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis
formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and
psycho-education to members and/or family members. The majority of
the position will be spent in direct patient care.Essential
- Provides timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis,
treatment planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and/or children.
- Provides appropriate selection of treatment modality to members
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment
- Effectively communicates clinical material to member and
clinical staff and provides high internal and external
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical
encounters in members charts.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and
interpreting the psychological and social meaning of
- Determines urgency of members need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of members presentation
and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance & therapy for
members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and
letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social
agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care
environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural
determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information
- Knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not
limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal
guidelines & all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patients clinical care
- Maintains license.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.EOL (End of Life
- Regulatory data reporting, process coordination, assist
Members/Physicians with California End of Life Option Act.Basic
- Two (2) years of post graduate experience in a clinical setting
- Medical Social Worker - End of Life Option: If position posted
is for an End of Life role, experience requirement is: Minimum one
(1) year of experience, within the last three (3) years, working as
a MSW in end of life care and counseling. Education
- Masters degree in a Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other
field related to behavioral health required. License,
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (California) OR
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California) OR Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist (California)
- National Provider Identifier Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and
recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment
- Must be familiar with and have expertise in a variety of
- May consider LMFT, with a Masters Degree in a Behavioral Health
field, job code 66564 for this position.Following language applies
to Home Health, Hospice and Palliative positions ONLY:Current CA
Drivers License, clear driving record for the past two (2) years
and proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- AHA BLS card required.
- LCSW required.
- Following language applies to End of Life Option positions
- Current CA Drivers License, clear driving record for the past
two (2) years and proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- N/APrimaryLocation : California,San Diego,Zion Medical
CenterHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob
Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : B14-PSC-NUHW-NUHW Psych
Social ChapterJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care,Southern
California Service AreasDepartment : San Diego Admin Offices 1 -
Social Services - 0806Travel : Yes, 15 % of the TimeKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Chula Vista , Psychosocial Clinician/Counselor II, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...