Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Hotel Equities
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and
hospitality management company, is currently searching for a
remarkable Front Desk Supervisor for the Hampton Inn Chula
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving,
departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely
information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person
inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest
concerns. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure
guests they've made the right choice to stay with us.
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal
level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach
and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick,
efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
and quality service.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the
computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information.
Promote "preferred" guest program and provide recognition and
benefits to all current members.
- Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of
registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a
deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and
exchange currency for guests.
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes. Post
miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints
- Answer telephone promptly and properly being polite, courteous,
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in taking
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing
- Be friendly, thorough, accurate and efficient in performing
(If applicable) Operate or assist with shuttle or transportation
Service in a timely and courteous manner
- Assist guests with luggage upon their arrival to and departure
from the hotel
- Use the guests' names
- Be knowledgeable and helpful about the local area, the hotel
and hotel services
- Handle messages, wake-up calls, mail, and faxes properly
- Assist guests' with laundry/dry cleaning needs
- Know of incoming VIPs
- Follow all applicable Company Standard Operating
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings,
log books and bulletins
- Be available to help other departments in emergency
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established
by the company including, but not
- limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Safety and Security Skills
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and
- Aggressively seek and react to opportunities to sell rooms,
including re-rents, and last rooms available
- Have complete knowledge of hotel rooms, function space,
restaurant (if applicable), other outlets, and services; have in
depth knowledge of and regularly re-stock and sell pantry
- Increases revenues by offering customers upgraded rooms and
promoting hotel amenities and outlets
- Have full understanding of franchise honors program
- Ensure all customers establish credit upon check-in. Improves
timeliness of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and
inventory control procedures:
- Verifies all information on reservations check-in; name,
address, method of payment, etc.
- Retrieves proper name and address verification and proper
approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate
approval signatures and authorization codes
- Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the
communication log book each shift; updates log book for next
- Report potential sales contacts to the sales department
protection of guests' room numbers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities;
General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4
hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to
day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other
departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing,
listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with
guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing
paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates,
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities
are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Same-day pay available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
Keywords: Hotel Equities, Chula Vista , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...