Lead General Warehouse Associate
Company: HD Supply
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: May 20, 2023
- 3+ years of experience working multiple departments in
a distribution center.
- Previous experience operating material handling equipment.
- Prior experience in a lead or mentorship role.Job SummaryWorks
in multiple departments within the distribution center, including
case pick, shipping, receiving, returns, loading, order processing,
and replenishment. Supports management by providing guidance and
training to warehouse associates.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and
- Coaches and trains warehouse associates on warehousing duties,
including providing training on material handling equipment.
- Coordinates and prioritizes warehousing work to ensure tasks
are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operates material handling equipment to complete tasks, such as
loading, unloading, picking, stocking, and staging inventory.
- Ensures all warehousing functions are running smoothly and
escalates issues to management.
- Verifies and enters product and shipment data into inventory
- Makes sure work areas are clean and follow company safety
policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork during assigned shifts.
- Serves as back-up for all warehousing functions. Nature and
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
level associates.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
responsibility.For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job
Seekers:Pay Range$17.21-$21.06 HourlyHDS provides the following
benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
- Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision
- Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
- Paid Sick Time
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption and Surrogacy AssistanceCA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY,
OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range
for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a
variety of elements including market data, experience, skills,
internal equity and other factors.Equal Employment OpportunityHD
Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HD Supply, Chula Vista , Lead General Warehouse Associate, Professions , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...