Location: Santa Ysabel
Posted on: May 27, 2023
#LI-DP1Under general supervision, perform arrhythmia or ECG
monitor observations on assigned shift and communicates changes to
the nursing staff. The monitor technician shall also use an
electrocardiograph to record variations in the action of the heart
muscle for use in the diagnosis of heart ailments in an in the
in-patient setting; prepares graphs and report. -Essential
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations
with the public, patients and other personnel by demonstrating
skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of
providing extraordinary customer relations and quality
- Greets patients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Observe cardiac rhythm of patients on monitor.
- Run and post rhythm stripes at designated intervals.
- Interpret rhythms and validate computer readout.
- Check and verify lead placement on patients.
- Compare posted strip to previous strip and notify nursing staff
- Notify nursing staff of any change in cardiac rhythm.
- Place patient identification sticker on monitor.
- Recognize and respond to unusual or abnormal patient
- Equipment and Instruments: Clean equipment after each patient
- Equipment includes cardiac (ECG) monitor, telemetry
transmitter, central monitor bank, and Arrhythmia analysis/printer
and 12 lead ECG machine.
- Test equipment for proper working order.
- Maintain work area clean and orderly.
- Answers telephone and relays messages.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed. Explains and answers questions regarding equipment
function and procedures.
- Obtains all scheduled ECG's in the in-patient setting
- Obtains STAT ECG's in the in-patient setting
- Utilizes correct lead placement for the various cardiac
- Prepares EKG
- Prepares patient for and performs a variety of cardiac
monitoring and testing procedures Obtain, compile, prepare and
maintain records for the nursing unit assigned.
- Able to perform computer data entry and retrieval.
- Maintains equipment in operating order and notifies supervisor
of needed repairs. Initiates work tickets as per department
- Performs routine cleaning/maintenance of cardiac equipment as
per department workflow and infection control policy.
- Assists providers with access to the various cardiac monitor
- Performs other related duties as requiredBasic
- N/A Education
- High School diploma or GED.
- Formal EKG or arrhythmia class with a minimum of 20
hours.License, Certification, Registration
- Current BCLS card.
- Adequate hearing either alone or with a hearing device.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia updated within the last two
years if basic arrhythmia class taken over two years ago.
- Successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente basic arrhythmia
assessment test with a score of 80% or better.
- Ability to organize and ability to communicate effectively
verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to recognized cardiac arrhythmias,
- Previous monitor observer experience preferred.PrimaryLocation
: California,San Marcos,San Marcos HospitalHoursPerWeek : 1Shift :
NightWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart
: 11:00 PMWorkingHoursEnd : 07:30 AMJob Schedule :
Call-in/On-CallJob Type : StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee
Group/Union Affiliation : B09-OPEIU-Local 30Job Level : Individual
ContributorJob Category : Clinical SupportDepartment : SAN MARCOS
MEDICAL CENTER - Mixed MedSurg/Tele Unit 2 - 0801Travel : NoKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Chula Vista , Monitor Technician, Professions , Santa Ysabel, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...